How Compliance Works
How Compliance works:
1. Compliance servers collect and store all relevant data required to meet Federal Government mandates to store user traffic for up to 2 years. This allows your network to be compliant with the Communications Assistance for Law Enforcement Act (CALEA) and Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). User reports are available on our Compliance portal.
2. Compliance automatically installs itself on all Open-mesh related hardware to start capturing user traffic information.
3. User starts interaction with the web using a web browser, email, FTP program, bitTorrent or voIP SIP session.
4. Compliance records the MAC address, website address visited, date and time of each Web, email, FTP, bitTorrent or voIP internet session from that specific computer.
5. User is able to continue communicating with the destination web/email/FTP/bitTorrent/voIP services without any interference from Compliance systems.
6. Compliance sends the MAC address, website address visited, date and time of each Web, email, FTP, bitTorrent or voIP internet session from all computers connected to the local network up to the compliance data storage systems. Compliance does not relay or store any actual content or details regarding the content of the websites, it only stores the website URLs that were visited and email or SIP addresses used.
Cette réponse était-elle pertinente?
Installing Compliance for Open-Mesh is quick and easy. Simply follow the steps below. If you need...